Sunday, October 27, 2013

Technically Challenged

Well, I've reached the end of my first module (Step 3 Blog set-up and First Entry). I'm req'd to share the value of an interactive space to share my thoughts, beliefs, research and interests as they pertain to future/desired career. I'm tasked to do this via my "BLOG". I am sitting here in my make-shift office at home on a Sunday mid-afternoon a bit amused with situations that have taken me to the point of still sitting here at this time of day, writting this "BLOG". 1) I'm not PC savvy by any means, I am the guy in the office that totally believes in the concept of IT. They are there to give "me" a product to make sure it works, because I surely don't know how to use it otherwise, and that is where problems with me and computers begin and end. 2) This whole class is On-line a first for me, I've done Eagle-Vision, that was differant in that there was no class room interaction, but I got used to it. I'm hoping that the on-line will accomodate my work schedule. 3) ERAUs Blackboard was down Friday and Saturday, hence it didn't bode well for the slow to adjust/technically challenged.."ME", as I still had to load my paper and create the "BLOG". 4) Last night our neighborhood suffered a power outage, blown transformer, honestly, you can't dream this stuff up, unless it's a nightmare, Ohhh wait it is!! SO, as my luck would have it, I couldn't get on the internet all morning to access BlackBoard to fumble thru the antiquated instructions to load my paper and then try to create this "BlOG", which looks nothing like anybody elses page. So, here I still sit at 1530 hrs. It's gonna be a long nine weeks. SO, have I done something wrong, more than likely, can it be fixed, more than likely, will this get posted..REMAINS TO BE SEEN!! Will I survive this trial of technical challenges, I certainly hope so, as my future expectations greatly may or may not depend on it. What I do know is that I have a great interest in UAS programs and the evolving technology that is developing them into the future. My current job works around UAS programs and I hope to develop a deaper understanding of those programs that I have yet to be introduced to. I ask those that have read this post (is it any wonder that you could) to please take the time to ponder my question(s) in my profile and respond as you may. CHEERS

No comments:

Post a Comment